-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Caused by: org.hibernate.engine.jndi.JndiException:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:28 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi expert,

For weeks, I have been trying to get the jndi working in tomcat for hibernate to work but without avail.

Here's the error message :

Caused by: org.hibernate.engine.jndi.JndiException: Unable to lookup JNDI name [java:comp/env/jdbc/hi5"/>]
at org.hibernate.engine.jndi.internal.JndiServiceImpl.locate(JndiServiceImpl.java:100)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DatasourceConnectionProviderImpl.configure(DatasourceConnectionProviderImpl.java:98)
at org.hibernate.boot.registry.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.configureService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:94)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:242)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.getService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:210)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.internal.JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.buildJdbcConnectionAccess(JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.java:145)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.internal.JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.initiateService(JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.java:66)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.internal.JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.initiateService(JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.java:35)
at org.hibernate.boot.registry.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.initiateService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:88)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.createService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:259)
... 26 more
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [hi5"/>] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [hi5"].
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:818)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:152)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:829)
at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:134)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
at org.hibernate.engine.jndi.internal.JndiServiceImpl.locate(JndiServiceImpl.java:97)
... 35 more

I'd like to know if there is a problem using tomcat with hibernate.

The latest find is I got this information from :
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-8818

and it says :

It would appear that, starting somewhere in 4.3.0.Beta5, 4.3.0.CR1, or 4.3.0.CR2, Hibernate stopped being able to resolve JNDI DataSource resources in Tomcat. This makes Hibernate 4.3.0.Final completely unusable, meaning this is a blocking issue. Until this is fixed, I will have to downgrade to 4.3.0.Beta4.

So, please let me know if I can't use tomcat at all cos it's been too long I have been working on this problem.

Tks.

Post subject: Re: Caused by: org.hibernate.engine.jndi.JndiException:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:39 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hibernate 4 is no longer supported. If you can replicate it with Hibernate 5.2 and provide a replicating test case, then we could try to provide a fix for the new version.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:34 am 
Beginner
Beginner

vlad wrote:
Hibernate 4 is no longer supported. If you can replicate it with Hibernate 5.2 and provide a replicating test case, then we could try to provide a fix for the new version.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to replicte a test case. The fact is that I can't even get the connection going so left alone the test case, even if I know how to right.

Anyway, I'd like to know if I need to install JBoss Tools inside IDE for JPA to work in hibernate ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:03 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quote:
Anyway, I'd like to know if I need to install JBoss Tools inside IDE for JPA to work in hibernate ?

No. Just use Maven to set up the project and it will work on any IDE.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]