-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: hibernate how to order by join table field
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:54 am 

I have two tables `chapter` and `chapter_title_1`, there is a fk `chapter_id` in table `chapter_title_1` reference to table `chapter`.

Image Image

Two entity class are `ChapterEntity.class` refer to table `chapter` and `ChapterTitle1Entity.class` refer to table `chapter_title_1`. There is a List<ChapterTitle1Entity> chapterTitle1EntityList in `ChapterEntity.class` annotated with `@OneToMany`. I want to get a list of `ChapterEntity` ordered by ChapterEntity.sequence asc and a list of `ChapterTitle1Entity` in each item of `ChapterEntity` ordered by `ChapterTitle1Entity.sequence` desc.

Originally, I use Criteria to query, but someone told me that order by may be not applies to child collection. so I change to use `@orderby annotation` but the embarrassing thing is sometimes I want to obder by `ChapterTitle1Entity.sequence` desc and sometimes I want to order by `ChapterTitle1Entity.sequence` asc.
Could anybody help me to achieve this. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

PS:
I am a newer to hibernate and don't want to improve any performance, I just want to solve this problem

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]