-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Transient Object Exception
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:06 pm 

Hi all,

I'm in the process of migrating an application from Java 7 to 8. The the following hibernate exception is currently the bane of my existence: org.hibernate.TransientObjectException: object references an unsaved transient instance - save the transient instance before flushing. Unfortunately I can't post any code, but can anyone think of a difference in the way hibernate behaves between the two java versions that could lead to this exception? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hibernate 3.6.10
spring 4.1
java 1.8
wildfly 8.2

Post subject: Re: Transient Object Exception
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:03 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Without looking at the code it is difficult to say. At least from an Hibernate perspective, I can say that if it already working in Java 7 there is no reason why it shouldn't work with Java 8.

IMO, I doubt the problem could be at some other place in your code but not Hibernate.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]