-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Filtering on max value in sub query
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:08 am 

Hi all,

I am writing a Tv guide and I have the following object structure. I have a Program class that has a list of episodes and each episode has a list of broadcasts.

Now I want to display a list of episodes beloning to a certain program of which the first broadcast is now later than 2 weeks ago. So I want to get all the episodes that have been aired for the first time in the last 2 weeks.

I have tried using sub queries however no luck getting the right results. I have found the right SQL command with the following:

Code:
select id, (SELECT MIN(startDate) AS minStartDate FROM broadcasts where episode_id=e.id) from episodes e where e.programId=?

This generates a list of episodes of a certain program and the first broadcast airtime for that episode. How can I convert this into a query (HQL or preferably (Detached)Criteria)?

Thanks in advanced,
Martijn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]