-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: AuditInterceptor ConcurrentModificationException
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:10 am 

Hi,
We`re using an AuditInterceptor based on http://www.hibernate.org/318.html
in hibernate version 3.2.1.ga.
The problem is the postFlush method in the AuditInterceptor is throwing a ConcurrentModificationException when we try to access the Iterator which is passed into the postFlush method.

Code:
public void postFlush(Iterator it) throws CallbackException {

Session session = sessionFactory.openSession();

while(it.hasNext()) {
       Object obj = it.next();
             //DO STUFF
        }
}

The Object obj = it.next(); is throwing the ConcurrentModificationException.

We`re using the AuditInterceptor as a Singleton Spring bean as we were assuming that the Iterators passed in were thread safe which they don`t appear to be. Has anybody else experianced this problem and if so is there a way round it with out changing the Hibernate code?

Thanks

Darran

Post subject: Interceptor is not thread safe
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:28 am 

After removing some of the debug statements in the interceptor I no longer got this exception. It therefore appears the Interceptor is not Thread safe. This is due to the postFlush(Iterator it) having an iterator passed in which points to a container which is not threadsafe.

Post subject: Re: AuditInterceptor ConcurrentModificationException
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:56 am 

In my case i don't have any debug statements in the interceptor but I still get the ConcurrentModificationException. This seems to be an issue with the hibernate because the iterator is not thread safe. Is this fixed as part of any future releases? I am currently using hibernate-core-4.2.13.Final.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]