-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate 5.0.0 - Mapping in hibernate.cfg.xml ignored?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:17 am 

Hi everybody,

I am quite new to hibernate and was using version 4.3 until now. I upgraded to 5.0.0, as I wanted to take advantage of the Java 8 features.

I have no annotations in my code and use the "hibernate.cfg.xml"-file with ".hbm.xml"-files for each persisted class. Until now, everything worked fine, but since the upgrade, my mappings seem to be totally ignored...

Doing a query leads to
Code:
WARN: HHH000183: no persistent classes found for query class: FROM adresse.Absenderdaten

Doing a save or update operation leads to
Code:
org.hibernate.MappingException: Unknown entity: adresse.Absenderdaten

Everything works fine, when I add the resources programatically in the configuration with
Code:
Configuration configuration = new Configuration().addClass(adresse.Abenderdaten);
Unfortunately, this process takes more then a second for each persisted class, which wasn´t the case earlier with the config-file...

Can anybody tell me, why the mapping in the "hibernate.cfg.xml"-file doesn´t seem to work anymore? It is definitely read, as other parameters are recognized.

Thank you for any advice
Andy

Excerpt from hibernate.cfg.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-configuration PUBLIC "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Configuration DTD 3.0//EN"
                                         "http://www.hibernate.org/dtd/hibernate-configuration-3.0.dtd">
<hibernate-configuration>
<session-factory name="">
  <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver</property>
  <property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:derby://localhost/database;create=false</property>
  <property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.DerbyTenSevenDialect</property>
  <property name="hibernate.current_session_context_class">thread</property>
  <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto">update</property>
  <property name="hibernate.show_sql">true</property>

<mapping resource="adresse/Absenderdaten.hbm.xml"/>
  [more mappings]

</session-factory>
</hibernate-configuration>

Excerpt from SessionFactory
Code:
Configuration configuration = new Configuration();
configuration.configure("hibernate.cfg.xml");
serviceRegistry = new StandardServiceRegistryBuilder().applySettings(configuration.getProperties()).build();
sessionFactory = configuration.buildSessionFactory(serviceRegistry);

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]