-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Question on lock time out setting
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:42 am 

Am using Hibernate core 4.2.11.Final and MySQL version 5.6 as the DB. I have a code that does pessimistic write lock on an Entity to avoid race conditions.

Now the issue am having is this - The same code is also expected to run against a MySQL DB in read-only mode for disaster recovery purposes. (Ours is a read intensive application). It is considered fine for writes to fail when application is run in read-only mode. However just this part of the code that does a pessimistic lock just hangs foreverr and does not return. I would expect this to fail with a timeout Exception.

I read that there is javax.persistence.lock.timeout setting that can help (throw an Exception after waiting). But in my case I am using Hibernate's SessionFactory classes (and configuration) and not JPA Entity Manager.

So is there any setting that will help me (code should throw back an exception after a wait).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]