-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Parent cascade Child save is issuing SQL Updates?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:46 pm 
Regular
Regular

Hi All-
I am doing a batch save of a Parent object with many Child objects mapped as OneToMany in JPA, with cascade save. My identifiers are generated table, for both the parent and child. I have configured inserts and updates to be ordered (hibernate.order_inserts=true,hibernate.order_updates=true). What I am seeing is a batched insert of the Parents, a batched insert of the Children (minus the foreign key column), then updates for all the Children to add the FK. I don't understand this behavior, the FK is available at the time of inserting the Children so I'd have expected it to be inserted instead of triggering all the updates. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]