-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Too many clients already
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:08 am 

Hi to everybody, I am new to this forum and quite new also to Hibernate. I am developing a web application using Spring+Hibernate and PostegreSQL as db. I am having trouble with the following error:

Code:
NDP-DS-------------> [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] - <SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 53300>
NDP-DS-------------> [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] - <FATAL: sorry, too many clients already>
NDP-DS-------------> [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] - <SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 53300>
NDP-DS-------------> [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] - <FATAL: sorry, too many clients already>
Dec 20, 2009 12:01:09 PM org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl handleError:1130
SEVERE: >>org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection
[SQL: 0, 53300]
>>org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: sorry, too many clients already

I searched the web and did find some other people experiencing the same issue but nothing seemed related to my case. I don't even know exactly if the problem is related to hibernate or postgres (or maybe spring).
Here you are the configuration part for spring:

Code:
<bean id="sessionFactory"
      class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.annotation.AnnotationSessionFactoryBean">
      <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
      <property name="namingStrategy" ref="namingStrategy"/>
      <property name="packagesToScan" value="somePackage"/>
      <property name="hibernateProperties">
         <props>
            <prop key="hibernate.show_sql">${hibernate.show_sql}</prop>
            <prop key="hibernate.format_sql">${hibernate.format_sql}</prop>
                <prop key="hibernate.use_sql_comments">${hibernate.use_sql_comments}</prop>   
            <prop key="hibernate.dialect">${hibernate.dialect}</prop>
            <prop key="hibernate.c3p0.minPoolSize">${hibernate.c3p0.minPoolSize}</prop>
            <prop key="hibernate.c3p0.maxPoolSize">${hibernate.c3p0.maxPoolSize}</prop>
            <prop key="hibernate.c3p0.timeout">${hibernate.c3p0.timeout}</prop>
            <prop key="hibernate.c3p0.max_statement">${hibernate.c3p0.max_statement}</prop>
            <prop key="hibernate.autoReconnect">${hibernate.autoReconnect}</prop>
                 <prop key="hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache">${hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache}</prop>
            <prop key="hibernate.cache.provider_class">${hibernate.cache.provider_class}</prop>
         </props>
      </property>
   </bean>

and here is the way I usually do a query:

Code:
return getSession().createQuery(queryString).list();

(I am implementing in my class HibernateDaoSupport one).
Any idea? Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you very much for your help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]